Nothing to show so far, but I made big progress. I think we are on the right track here. Several big chunks of work that were very risky are out of the way and working. However, there’s still a few left that can derail the whole thing – chief among them is terrain refactoring work that I am starting just now; I need it for the new feature to work.
Yesterday I was actually looking for some sort of git visualisation tool to boost my ego by seeing how many code changes I made over the last week. Sadly I haven’t found anything practical, otherwise I’d have shown you a nicely spiking graph! In brief, I am averaging about ten commits per day with each commit spanning a hundred or more files. Pretty much rewrote half of the game in the last two weeks.
I feel bad writing so much and showing nothing, but it’s too early for reveals, so you’ll just have to bear with me and wait a little longer :-)