I have been thinking about how are we going to get iOS approved.
To resubmit, I need to make sure there are no “bad” worlds accessible through community content on iOS. And I need to do it fast, we don’t want to wait weeks.
I think the best idea is this:
- I will manually whitelist certain high quality worlds/textures/skins on the server
- iOS app will only display these whitelisted items; all other items will be hidden
- On all other platforms, whitelisted items will be displayed first, the remaining items will be behind them (so all platforms benefit from this scheme)
- Once we reach a certain number of whitelisted items, I will resubmit iOS with the filter on
For this to work I need your help: I need you to nominate which worlds/textures/skins are high quality and should be whitelisted.
Therefore I am now open to nominations.
If you know about a world/texture/skin which is worthy of whitelisting, please email me at email@example.com, stating:
- the exact name of the item
- a few words why you think it’s good
- set email subject to “Nomination” so I can easily see it
A few points:
- The name you give me must be exact, otherwise I will not be able to identify the item
- You must be reasonably sure the item does not contain anything unsuitable for kids, be it text on signs, phalluses made of blocks etc.
- The item must be notable, for example a world with massive constructions, interesting electric devices, high-quality texture compatible with 1.27 version of the game, etc. If it’s a blank world with a few blocks added here and there, leave it out
- The item name should not be fishy, any references to “love”, “romance”, “dating” are out
If you have something worthy that is not in the community content, it may be a good time to upload it and let me know about it.
You may have noticed that there is “Mansions” world at the top of list. It is the first item to be whitelisted. The whitelisting system already works, so you will see the results of your nominations in real time as I process them.
I will be trawling the lists myself as well, but there’s only so much a single person can do.
Thanks in advance for any help!