I have just published 1.23.4, which contains iOS crash bugfix and some other improvements to Google Play. It should become available for update in a couple of hours, as always.
As I said before, the crash bug doesn’t only affect iOS. It’s present on all platforms, but iOS is somehow more vulnerable to it. The bug is now fixed, this should also hopefully fix related problems, such as this:
In addition to the bugfix, there’s a bunch of other changes:
- Fixed hitting animals in 3rd person mode
- Reduce GPU stalling by not reusing vertex/index buffers immediately
- Reduce memory usage by recycling geometry data more aggressively (maybe you’ll be able to run with higher vis range on some devices?)
- Warning if too many worlds on device instead of disabled “New World” button
- Reduced probability of horses going stubborn — remember there’s one horse color that never does it!
- Potential fix for game not starting on certain devices (e.g. Galaxy Tab 3 P5210)
- Some other small improvements
Please update and try it. If it works fine on Androids, I’ll update the remaining platforms.
Hope this build sticks, 1.23.4 is too good a version number to have to throw it away :-)