I have just uploaded 1.22 to Google Play. It should become available in a couple of hours.
The focus of this release is Survival! It’s high time…
Here’s the short changelist:
- Added rakes, farming, seeds, rye, wild rye
- Added flour, dough and bread
- Added hunger, stamina, sleep deprivation, drowning
- Added rhinos, gnus, lions, ostriches, zebras, orcas
- Bulls & cows models updated
- More overhangs and funky shapes of mountains
- Added islands far out in the ocean
- Added boats
- Added creatures pathfinding (i.e. clever AI)
- Made creatures go after food
- Can boil eggs in water
- Added vital stats panel
- Items now stay much longer in the world
- Made bricks, granite, basalt paintable
- Improved split touch controls
- Added magnets that influence compass
For more detailed changelist see https://kaalus.wordpress.com/updates-history
I have explained why I initially publish only to Google Play at least 5 times. I still get told off by people demanding that their platform has to come first. So here it goes again:
Google Play does not have certification/review process. It means I can release bugfixes within hours. Google Play guys get the update first, but the price they pay is that they are effectively beta testers for a few days. I did a couple of days of testing myself, but with such a large game it is inevitable that I will miss things. They will find them – at the moment there’s well over a million active users on Android. I will fix and update. They will find more.
When this process is complete, I will publish a more stable and polished update to the remaining platforms, which require a week or so certification for every binary I submit.
Last time it took 4 days (and as many iterations) from first release on Google Play until I published to the remaining platforms.
Please read the above, do not scream at me or flood my inbox with questions about when does it come out for Kindle. And beware of the rhino :-)
Block texture has been updated to 1.22 in Files/Technical section. If you have a blocks texture published to community content, please update to incorporate 1.22 changes, they are fairly big.