Some people are complaining about 1.15 freezing occasionally. That’s strange, because I can’t think about anything new in 1.15 (vs 1.14) that could cause occasional freezing. Grass regrowth could be the culprit, but it was added in 1.13 and you didn’t have any freezing back then.
So, I want to get to the bottom of it. On my dev phone I can’t see any big difference between 1.14 and 1.15. If you experience freezing in 1.15 and have a few minutes of spare time, can you please add a comment with the answers to the following questions?
- Does it freeze periodically, always with the same period between freezes? If yes please give a specific number of seconds between freezes, measure it. If it freezes randomly, please give roughly how often it happens.
- For how long does it freeze (again, specific number of seconds please)
- Does it also freeze even if you stay stationary and don’t dig/place stuff? (you can drop e.g. a harvested dirt block in front of you – it will rotate and bob, to see whether the game freezes even if you don’t move or touch anything)
- Does it freeze on a fresh new world, or only on old big worlds?
- If you have a little more time – can you please make a quick video of it freezing, e.g. using another phone’s camera, and put on YouTube?
- What phone do you have